- 500 in the TOEFL Paper Based Test; or
- 173 in the TOEFL Computer Based Test; or
- 59 in the TOEFL Internet Based Test
- International candidates by coursework who they do not meet any of the above English requirements, should sit for the English Language Placement Test (ELPT) (refer below), which will be conducted by UUM, and obtain a passing grade before they are allowed to register for courses
- If the candidates fail the ELPT, they must attend the Intensive English Course for International Students (refer below) for at least one semester and obtain a passing grade before they are allowed to register for courses.
English Language Placement Test (ELPT)
The English Language Placement Test (ELPT) is a test designed to assess the English language proficiency of international students. The ELPT is compulsory for all international students who do not meet the English language requirement set by the university.
International students must show the following documents before they are allowed to sit for the ELPT:
- proof of registration by showing the original letter of offer
- international passport or smart card as identification.
- those who have failed the English Language Placement Test (ELPT);
- those who have failed the ELPT but later produce their acceptable IELTS/TOEFL score that has been obtained after the date of ELPT;
- those who fail to sit for the ELPT at the specified date.
- It is compulsory for students pursuing programme by coursework to take the ELPT/Intensive English Course for International Students within the first semester of their candidature. They will not be allowed to register any courses unless they have passed the ELPT/ Intensive English for International Course;
- A Pass grade in the ELPT/Intensive English Course for International Students is a requirement for graduation.